Monday, 3 November 2014

The Blogger Recognition Award


Thanks Eve @Edge of Night for nominating me for this award!

I normally don't do many of the awards given to me, unless they're interesting or seem fun to answer, and this one definitely fits the criteria.  It's a recognition award to all those bloggers out there creating this amazing blogosphere I'm now part of.  The original post, which can be found here, mentions how wonderful blogging is, enabling people of any background or social standing to voice their own opinions, share their experiences, or type out their sorrows on their corner of the internet.  She mentions how awards like these give bloggers a little boost of confidence or something to post if they're stuck, and I'd like to do that for other amazing bloggers as Eve has done for me.

So here is what I have to do:
  • Thank the person who nominated me and provide a link to the original post (already done)
  • Write a post showing off this award.  Give a brief story on how this blog started, and a piece or two of advice for other bloggers.
  • Select 15 other blogs I want to give this award to
  • Comment on each blog to let them know I've nominated them

How The Life of Little Me came into existence:

Haha that title was a little bit dramatic, but anyway... The Life of Little Me was made a little spontaneously, but also a little planned out too.  I'd contemplated making a blog about six months before I did, so I had liked the idea of having one for a while.  What pushed me is when my friend, June, told me about her blog.  Go check out Journeys of My Beating Heart if you haven't already.

So I'd told her I'd make one, but I hadn't really decided when.  Then, that week, I was sick at home, extremely bored, obsessing over the fact that I'd finished Gossip Girl, and already planning blog posts in my head.  Yeah and basically I turned on my computer and was like, "Let's make a blog.", and the introduction post was written :)



Advice for bloggers:

So, you've created a blog because you want to share your experiences, rants, opinions, and things you like.  My advice is to just stick to all that.  Keep it personal and honest, and don't try to fit into the one category of lifestyle, travel, books, fashion etc.  You can be into all sorts of things, which means you should write about all sorts of things.  And when it comes to rants about feelings and stupid stuff like that, just let it all out.  Don't always speak in second person.  Refer to your own bad experience or your own unhappiness.  If you're anonymous on your blog, people can't judge.  It's  like an escape, and you get lots of positive comments to make you feel better on a rainy day.  So basically, be honest and personal, and write about whatever you want to write about.  That way blogging will always be fun, and you'll never want to stop posting.



Another piece of advice is how to get people to follow you.  You're out there sharing your views, experiences and recommendations, so now you just need people to read it all (which isn't really necessary but does help).  All you have to do is hunt down other blogs and comment and follow.  Make sure you actually read their post, comment something nice, be a little spunky/sassy or philosophical depending, tell them they've got a new follower, and make sure you leave a link, preferably one they can click on.  But don't ask for follows for follows.  I mean, they may work but no one really likes them.  Plus, this way if they follow you they must like your blog quite a bit to do so.  And do comment on the blogs you follow.  Just look through your dashboard/feed and if you see something relatable or interesting, click on it, read and comment.  Do as much of this as possible, leaving your comments, link and obliging follows wherever you can, depending on how much time you have to spare and how much you want this.

 

Nominations:

Arushee @Unadorned Gifts
Charlotte @Colours and Carousels
Sammie @Sammie the Stargirl
Katie @Lillies of Grace
January @January Chokko
Tina @Just a Tina Bit
Sammie @Little Fickle
Sami @Daisy Daydreams
Alice @Alice Allure
Jessica @Styles of Summers
Allie @Reckless
? @Little Steps Big Heart
Riley @Smiles No Matter
? @Footnotes and Finds
Tshi @365 Paper Dolls

I hope you liked this tag because you have no idea how long it took to make...

Love,
M

59 comments:

  1. beautiful post! :D

    www.dicexcvi.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for nominating me! Great advice too :) I'll let you know when my post is up xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Sami! No problem. Can't wait for your post!! xx

      Delete
  3. aww congratulations on your award, you deserved it <3

    Visit my blog: www.sarahrizaga.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much Sarah! I'd love to visit your blog. <3

      Delete
  4. Congrats on the award, M! You totally deserve it! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Grace!! :) That means so much

      Delete
  5. Thank you so much for nominating me! You definitely deserve this award, M. :-)
    ~Katie@ liliesofgrace.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No problem!! Thanks so much Katie!! I can't wait to read your post xx

      Delete
  6. I totally agree with your blogging advice i just recently startes sharing more of my honest opinions rather than just outfits! I actually just eecently posted about what I think about blog stats and number, maybe it would be somethinh interesting for you to read!

    Have a lovely day :-)

    Much love xxx
    CHRISTINANISTA.COM

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Christina! I'm glad you do!! It's great that you've started writing about your opinions and still have outfits too. I'd love to read it!! xx

      Delete
  7. I really agree with you blogging advice, it's amazing what just one comment can do! Gongrats on your award. :)
    thriftytoppings.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Ashley! It really is amazing what comments can do. Like how this comment is giving me a link to look at your amazing blog ;)

      Delete
  8. You definitely deserve this award!~


    Vanshi

    ReplyDelete
  9. congrats on the nominations and best wishes on whats to come with your blog.
    x http://1finedai.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Visa!! Love your blog xx

      Delete
  10. Thank you so much for the nomination! I hope to do an acceptance soon. I also really like your advice about focusing more on building community than asking people to follow you, it is a good tip :)

    Have a great day!
    -Riley XO

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Riley!! I can't wait to see your post!! And yeah, you want people to actually read your blog. I mean, that's what followers are meant to be for ;) xoxo

      Delete
  11. Congrats on your award! Great advice by the way on getting followers and growing your blog.
    Stop and say hi
    http://www.lucyintheskyblog.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks Lucy! I'm glad you like it. I'd love to say hi to your blog ;)

      Delete
  12. Congrats girl! Thank you for nominating me. I am touched. xx I'll try to get this up soon. Thanks for the advice and keep blogging! :) I enjoy your posts.

    Sammie
    sammiethestargirl.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Sammie! I certainly enjoy your posts too. Can't wait for your post!!

      Delete
  13. These are such precious tips you're giving to us M! :)
    Thank you! ♥♥
    June
    The Journeys of My Beating Heart

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw no problem June. I learnt some of it from you ;)

      Delete
  14. Cool!! :)

    http://shareasecretmag.com/

    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  15. Great Post! Follow each other on GFC, Google+, Twitter, facebook and Bloglovin? If yes, follow me and i follow back as soon as i see it. Let me know with a comment on my Blog

    Keep in Touch xx Rabea from germany
    http://www.rabeasbeautytipps.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We're already following each other mate.

      Delete
  16. I love reading your thoughts about blogging. Congratulations on being nominated. :)

    Life With Antlers // A Personal Blog

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much Krista!! I love your blog so much!!

      Delete
  17. Congrats for your lovely award sweetie!
    You have a cute blog, would you like to follow each other via GFC? Please let me know on my blog so I can follow you back!
    Kisses!

    www.thrill-hunter.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks!! I'd love to follow each other xx. Going to your blog now.

      Delete
  18. Wonderful work, M! :) Great advice. Comments are fantastic ways to show you are actually reading someone's blog, and to get yourself out there, but you have to make them personal; simple comments like "Awesome post! Follow me!" don't prove that you truly read any of it lol.

    Thanks for your participation with this award!
    ~Eve

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Eve!! And oh... haha well I've been doing that wrong. I don't know about saying "follow me" though. I feel as if I'm being unappreciative of their truly awesome post.

      Delete
    2. I think I might have phrased that weirdly, sorry lol. But no, you're fine, I was just adding on a bit to your own advice!

      Point being: We love when people read our content. We like to know that they actually *read* our content. When someone comments, it should have some words in there other than just "follow me!" lol.

      Delete
    3. Oh haha sorry read that totally wrong. Yess! I completely agree with you lol.

      Delete
  19. I loved reading your advice, really helpful for me!

    www.beyondthevelvet.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Leah and Rachel! I'm glad it is xx

      Delete
  20. Thank you for nominating me! I just posted my response over
    here! xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No problem!! Excited to read it right now ;)

      Delete
  21. great advice and love what you wrote! I agree with it :)

    ReplyDelete
  22. I will appreciate all your help! I am a new blogger and could I ask you and the rest of the blogging community a question how do you add the join this site widget/button thing you have? This may be a stupid question! Also on my blog page when you follow me do you get blog updates because I don't know if my follow buttons are for my blog or my google account? Sorry for all these stupid questions please help

    My blog: http://anotherteenontheweb.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi! Haha no it's all good. With the widget/button thing, you should make a page and call it your button swap page, and search up the html to make a button to put on your blog, with the html code for it at the side. It's actually pretty complicated. And if someone follows through GFC, which is your follow button?? Then they do get updates. And to be sure, you could unlink your blogger account from your google+. Did that help at all? Okay, checking out your blog now...

      Delete
  23. These are great advices, thank you so much :)

    I've nominated you for the 'One Lovely Blog Award'; for more information about this, visit the following link: I've been nominated for the One Lovely Blog Award :)

    - Salha

    salha | abuhayar

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. And, of course, congratulations on the Blogger Recognition nomination! :) You deserve it.
      I've been reading your blog and I really like how you write and express yourself.

      Delete
    2. Thanks Salha!! I can't wait to check out this award xx

      Delete
  24. Great advice and thanks so much for nominating me! You are too sweet :)

    Tina
    www.justatinabit.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! And no problem. I love your blog and can't wait for your post!! xo

      Delete
  25. I agree with you and your opinions about blogging! Would you like to follow each other, dear?

    http://crafty-zone.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm glad you do! Sure thing ;)

      Delete
  26. Congrats with the award. You deserve it.. Have a fun-filled Friday!

    Ps: I followed you on GFC and BLOGLOVIN. I hope you can follow me too! (if you haven't yet)

    Kenny,
    WHATKENNYHEARTS.com
    FOLLOW ME ON BLOGLOVIN
    LIKE WKH ON FACEBOOK

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Kevin! It's been super fun ;) I'm already following you :)))

      Delete
  27. congrats!!!
    I liked your pics..

    majnira.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Ajnira! I'm glad you did :)

      Delete
  28. Great post!
    Would you like to follow each other?

    ReplyDelete